ANOTHER ONE UNDER THE HAMMER FOR RAY WHITE PORT ADELAIDE!
- 5 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 3 Cars
Nick Psarros and Melinda Bennett proudly present to the market this iconic Alberton villa, the former residence of many well-known and historic identities including the local Doctor and Accountant back in the day!
This is a rare opportunity to purchase one of the most spectacular homes in Alberton! This grand bluestone return verandah villa built in 1893 and is situated on approx 948m2.
Everything, from the iron fret work, the tessellated tiles on the verandah, the solid bluestone facade to the interior of this gorgeous home will impress you.
FEATURES THIS GRAND HOME OFFERS:
- Grand central hallway with leadlight, polished floorboards & the most stunning ornate cornices and ceilings
- 4-5 Bedrooms. The master bedroom with quality wool carpet is huge & features a marble fireplace, a dressing room & ensuite
- Magnificent ornate cornices & ceilings throughout
- Huge formal lounge room with marble fireplace and plush quality wool carpet
- Second formal lounge or grand dining room
- Large dry cellar
- Guest quarters with sitting room, study, bedroom and ensuite
- Custom designed kitchen showcasing soft closing drawers & cupboards; granite bench-tops; ILVE cooker; ASKO dishwasher and plenty of bench space
- Walk-in pantry with original wallpaper
- Family room flowing from the kitchen area with parquetry floors and access to the outside, perfect for inclusive dining and entertaining
- 2 x ducted reverse cycle airconditioning units
- Split system airconditioner
- Heritage bathroom with original claw & ball bath
- Security screen doors
- Secure garaging to house 2 cars and with side access
- Large established grounds complete with numerous trees and mature plants including mulberry, claret ash & pears
This home's unique character has been the envy of passers by for well over a hundred years. Not often does a home of this magnitude come on to the market. Don't miss this opportunity to put your stamp on it as there's further scope to add your personal touches to this grand residence to make it your home!
Alberton, Albert Town' like Port Adelaide, is rich in historical significance as it was established in 1839. Many of the streets in Alberton took the names of the original purchasers while others, such as 'Prince', 'Queen' and 'King' Streets reflect their English heritage.
Alberton railway station was one of the first local stations to open in South Australia. There is a regular train service from Alberton station to Adelaide and Outer Harbor. Approximately 16 minutes via train, 21 minutes via car.
Local schools include Mt Carmel College and Alberton Primary School.
Local amenities include, IGA, takeaway food shop, discount pharmacy and pizza shop.
Alberton is home to AFL team Port Adelaide'. Just a minute's walk to St.Patrick's Square which is a beautiful park with tennis courts, brand new gym equipment & playground with BBQ facilities. What could be more appealing?
The vendors statement may be inspected at 111a Lipson Street, Port Adelaide for 3 consecutive days immediately preceding the auction and at the auction for 30 minutes before it starts
Disclaimer: Neither the Agent nor the Vendor accept any liability for any error or omission in this advertisement.
Any prospective purchaser should not rely solely on 3rd party information providers to confirm the details of this property or land and are advised to enquire directly with the agent in order to review the certificate of title and local government details provided with the completed Form 1 vendor statement.
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm System
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
2 garage spaces and 1 off street park
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.